From the garrettsbridges site, it recommended these methods of testing procedures:
"Testing Method #1
Simply set the ends of the bridge on two blocks, and put a non-digital bathroom scale on top of the bridge. I then push down on the scale with myhands until the bridge breaks.The key here is to carefully watch the scale to catch the exact amount of forcewhen the bridge fails. You have to pay close attention, because you do notreally know when the bridge will fail. If I think the bridge will hold a lot of weight, I will use my body weight by carefully lowering myself onto the scale feet first. This method only works for top-loaded bridges.
Testing Method #2
This method works for both top and bottom loaded bridges. First, I take the leaf out of our old table, and simply lay the bridge over the gap. You can pull two tables close together if you do not have a table with a removable leaf. I then put aloading block on the bridge. You can make your own loading block from a piece of plywood.I then attach an eyebolt to the loading block, and hang a chain from the bolt.With a S-hook, I attach an empty 5-gallon bucket to the chain. I then proceedto fill that bucket up with sand. I stop when the bridge fails or I am satisfied with the amount held. This way can be used with either top-loaded or bottom loaded bridges. When the bridge fails, I use a scale to weigh how much sandwas in the bucket."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment